One of my tasks I pledged to do when I ran was to improve the web site. The current one was hopelessly out of date (still is in many areas) but I have taken a stab at putting on some band aids, culling out the dead wood so it is not completely embarrassing. Please take a look at www.nelliegailranch.org It lists the new features I created. If you have pictures I can add to the site please send them to me.
We want to dump it and completely redo it but we need to get an idea of what that will cost. To do that, we need an idea of what features it will need. This is the most basic list. Please tell me what to add:
1) Be updated regularly with announcements and info
2) Ability to pay dues and center fees online
3) Contain prominently a link to the agenda and then the minutes of each meeting
4) Ability to send those out directly to residents via e-mail as well as draft policies and other features
5) Ability to file applications online for simple ARC items, apply for a stall at the EC, running for the board, reporting problems etc. Perhaps ability to reserve tennis courts or other things. Basically anything that you need to do in the offline world, you should be able to do online.
6) A blog or other interactive forum for residents to be able to communicate back and forth to share their ideas. (not this one. To be fair to residents we should start from scratch so everyone feels it is their blog)
7) Your ideas or must haves for the site redesign? Post them here.